This major aims to train professional personnel who are able to work in the fields of bank, securities, investment and insurance, dealing with financial management, risk management and investment consultation.The graduates of this major should grasp a foreign language, learn the principles and manipulative skills of micro finance, and be familiar with the common rules of international banking. They will also be familiar with the properties and functions of different modern financial instruments, have a strong professional qualities and ability of market analysis, and be able to design individual investment program for the clients. Meanwhile, they will understand the Asset Pricing Model and have the ability to deal with the business related with bank, securities and investment.
This major is open to students both of Arts and of Science, but a good mathematical foundation is required for Arts students. It’s a 4-year program for undergraduate students.
Students of this major should have the knowledge of economy, management, banking and finance, be able to develop, design and utilize financial instruments and means of exchange, propose the solution of financial problems, and possess strong professional qualities and the ability of market analysis. They should be professional personals who are able to work in the fields of bank, securities, investment and insurance, dealing with financial management, risk management and investment consultation.
Students of this major
study the fundamental theories and knowledge of economics, management, and finance, get the training of economics and finance, and have the ability of theoretical analysis and practical operation.
1. Grasp the fundamental theories and methods of Marxian Economics.
2. Grasp the theories and methods of Western Economics and Finance.
3. Understand the Asset Pricing Model and have the ability to deal with the business related with bank, securities and investment.
4. Be able to know the properties and functions of different modern financial instruments and be able to design individual investment program for the clients.
5. Be able to handle the analysis and research of investment consultation by using the methods of measurement, statistics, accounting and financial engineering.
6. Keep informed of the guidelines, policies and laws related with economy and finance.
7. Understand the advanced theory research and development trend of this subject.
8. Master a foreign language, and have the ability to obtain and process message and strong ability in reading, writing, listening, speaking, and translating.
There are 18 academic staffs in all, among which 8 are professors (5 doctoral supervisors), 6 associate professors, 4 lecturers.
Economics, Money and Banking, Financial Engineering, International Finance, Political Economics, Western Economics, Principles of Accounting, International Investment, International Settlement, Portfolio Investment, Derivative Financial Instruments, Financial Institutions and Risk Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Venture Capital, Financial Market, Investment Fund, Credit Management, Theory and Practice of Commercial Banks, Financial Management.
Include social investigation and specialty practice. Generally last for six weeks.
Mathematical Experiment, Chemical and Social Experiment；Computer Experiments, Introduction of Computer Technology, FoxPro and Basics of its Application, Management Information System, Project Evaluation and Management, Statistical Data Processing Technique, and Database Principles.